Reprinted with permission from kidsforpeaceglobal.org/COVID-19/
Put Our Peace Pledge Into Action
I pledge to use my words to speak in a kind way.
- Sing a happy song! Go curbside caroling with your family; create a music video and share far and wide; sing from your window like the Italians, or simply sing along with the radio.
- List all the things that make you happy.
- Send Peaceful Pen Pal letters to other kids in the USA. Sign up here. We already have 350+ youth from 32 states participating!
- Create an entry for the “I Am Powerful” Kids for Peace Book “Contest.” This will be our 5th book. Flier & Book Entry Form.
- Write and mail a card through our Loving Letters for Grandfriends project. Send cheer to a senior citizen who can no longer receive visitors due to the COVID-19 situation. Learn More & Sign Up
- Hold gratitude circles at dinnertime.
- Call or FaceTime friends, Grandparents, or Grandfriends just to say hello.
- Make up a poem with a positive message.
- Write positive messages on Post-It Notes and place on mirrors in your house.
- Make Peace Rocks. Paint rocks with kind words and place them around town to delight your neighbors.
I pledge to help others as I go throughout my day.
- Surprise delivery drivers with a gratitude gift. Place a note and a gift of food, water, gift cards, a toilet paper roll, etc. in a basket by your front door. #ThankYourDeliveryDriver.
- Create a “Take what you need. Leave what you can.” container for your neighborhood.
- From our friends at The Random Acts of Kindness Foundation, post these notes and offer to help your neighbors! (Please don’t interact directly; just leave the note on the door.)
- Sew facemasks for nurses and doctors.
- Do household chores without being asked – make your bed, pick up your toys, clean your room/bathroom.
- Whenever possible, avoid time with people outside your family to help prevent the spread of COVID-19
- Offer to pick up mail or run errands for elderly neighbors and leave shopping bags on their doorstep. Use the Random Acts of Kindness Foundation form or give your neighbors a call.
I pledge to care for our earth with my healing heart and hands.
- Check out the one-click actions from our friends at Roots and Shoots.
- Take a hike or visit the beach and pick up litter along the way (remember to keep the 6 feet distance from others!) #SixFeetOfKindness
- Learn about recycling in your community and discover something new.
- Water your plants, pick weeds.
- Harvest seeds from fruits and replant them.
- Learn about composting and practice in your own garden.
I pledge to respect people in each and every land.
- Show compassion to end harassment towards Asians who might be experiencing racial discrimination because of COVID-19 fears.
- Discover something new about a different culture or a different country.
- Listen to music from different parts of the world.
- Pick at least one country from each continent and discover their favorite food/dish.
I pledge to join together as we unite the big and small.
- Loving Letters for Grandfriends. Sign up a senior to receive loving letters or sign up to write loving letters to seniors! Learn more.
- Send letters or cards to Senior Homes, Memory Care or Hospice facilities since they are not able to have visitors at this time.
- Spend time taking care of your pet – feed them, brush them, walk them, clean up after them.
I pledge to do my part to create PEACE for one and all.