This Sunday, February 7, is the 5th Sunday after Epiphany. Pastor Tim is still recovering from COVID (as is Jacob – Rachel has it now – will Debbie get it?), so no Communion, and no Confirmation Class, but they will return next week. Zoom Coffee Chat will begin at 9:30 a.m. like last week.
It’s also Souper Bowl of Caring Sunday. Holy Trinity has participated in the Souper Bowl of Caring since 2006 and has donated over $10,300 and given over 1,400 food items to groups such as Centerville Free Dining, Irvington Free Breakfast, Tri-City Volunteers and LOV Newark. Due to COVID restrictions, we won’t be able to participate in person, but you can still participate in the following ways:
- Making an on-line donation through Give + mobile app
- Drop off a check or mail to church—make sure you include Souper Bowl of Caring in memo line
- Drop off cash during the week or Sunday morning between 8-11am
- Drop off non-perishable food items at church during the week or on Sunday between 8-11am
- Can’t make it to church? Donate directly to an organization associated with food or buy grocery gift cards (you can purchase through Scrip)
Once again, please call before you come to drop off stuff during the week – I’m often at the church during office hours, but I do sometimes work from home (or so I claim).
Ash Wednesday is coming up on February 17. We are planning to have a service, but some of the details are still being worked out (will PT smudge ashes on the camera lens while you hold your phone to your forehead?) Stay tuned!
We will also be having Midweek Lenten Services in collaboration with the other area ELCA churches. They will be held by Zoom on Wednesday evenings at 6:30 p.m. starting February 24 and continuing through March 24. We’ll be using the beautiful Holden Evening Prayer setting by Marty Haugen, and the churches will take turns presenting short dramas in much the same way as in past years.
The latest installment of the acclaimed series Annual Congregational Meeting (this time it’s virtual) will air at noon on Sunday, February 21 by Zoom. Just two more weeks to organize your watching-party bubble (BYOB – bring your own bagels). Voting! Amendments! Budget! Don’t miss it and let your friends spoil the ending! (Proposed Budget and Zoom Details coming soon to an email near you)
In other news, my COVID-19 test came back negative, so I’ll have to figure out something else to blame on Pastor Tim.
– Keith, your friendly Parish Life Coordinator (i.e. Church Secretary)