Seeking: Part-Time Organist/Accompanist at Holy Trinity Lutheran Church in Fremont, CA
The position is for a qualified keyboard instrumentalist for scheduled worship services and other
activities to support the music ministry of the church with in-person and online services,
volunteer choir, and congregation. This individual is a team player with a commitment to the
faith and understanding of how music contributes to the meaning and flow of the service.
● Allen 2-manual with standard and alternate voicing, classic and solo voice samples
● 6-foot parlour grand piano
● Baldwin console
● Play for a single Sunday morning service each week (prelude, hymns, liturgical Play for
the special services throughout the Lutheran calendar (Advent, Christmas, Lent, Easter,
● Record online virtual services if needed, depending on COVID-19 restrictions
● Accompany/rehearse with choir once/week and before service, or as needed scheduled
by the choir director. This includes working with vocal soloists, instrumental groups, and
instrumentalists which may be used from week to week.
● Input welcomed for worship planning with the Worship Committee monthly to select
hymns and to plan special music services/events
● Monitor state of instruments and report maintenance issues to Church Council
● Individual practice time as needed to ensure excellence in worship music
● Work to support the Choir director and congregation to find suitable music to enhance
the musical experience
● Help identify/recruit musical gifts within congregation
● Identify replacement organist when absent
● We anticipate about 6-8 hours/week on an average week including practice and worship
● We ask for flexibility from the selected candidate, as worship venue, time, and format
may change due to COVID restrictions
● Experience/proficiency playing organ/piano literature and accompanying church worship
music sufficient to play hymns and anthem accompaniments. Ability to sight read,
improvise, transpose, and read open score is a plus.
● Degree of competence and ability to accompany groups and individuals
● Sensitivity and ability to interact with a variety of people and also take direction
● Willingness to rehearse sufficiently and a desire for self-improvement; advocate for
music at HTLC
● Ability to communicate well and in a friendly manner with leadership, members, visitors
● Consistent with candidate education, experience, and skill level. Weddings and funerals
are paid as per AGO guidelines and right of refusal.
To honor our more medically fragile community members, all of our staff
must provide proof of COVID vaccination. All employment offers are contingent upon passing a
Candidate is entitled to Vacation, Sick and Leave Days. A welcoming, singing
congregation awaits your musical genius, humor, and longevity.
At Holy Trinity Lutheran Church, ALL ARE WELCOME! Holy Trinity is proud to be a Reconciling
in Christ congregation, and we are committed to diversity and inclusion in the workplace. We
prohibit discrimination and harassment of any kind based on race, color, sex, religion, sexual
orientation, national origin, disability, genetic information, pregnancy, or any other protected
characteristic as outlined by federal, state, or local laws.
Kindly send your resume and statement of interest to our Mutual Ministry team at: